The Title Officer examines chain of title to determine any effects on a property and writes letters of commitment to insure and issue title policy upon recordation.
Typical duties of the position may include:
- Reviewing the chain of title, looking for any problems, errors, liens or encumbrances.
- Running general index on all names on the title order.
- Generating property tax search report from the courthouse.
- Writing title report showing any related defects or encumbrances.
- Preparing letters of commitment to issue insurance policy.
- Collaborating with escrow officers.
- Answering customer questions related to title examination.
The Title Officer may be assigned additional tasks in support of the department’s goals.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to type 40+ WPM
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- High level organizational skills, attention to detail, and critical thinking
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Working knowledge of title examining procedures and related documents.
Competitive and commensurate with experience, plus a robust benefits package.
Please submit a cover letter, detailed resume, and copy of recent typing test (if available) to email@example.com. Please include “Navajo Title Officer” in the subject line.
To apply for this job email your details to personnel@PioneerTitleAgency.com