We were pretty excited to announce the arrival of RON. No, not Ron Swanson, nor Ron Weasley (we wish). We are talking about Remote Online Notarization! Since announcing RON we have had the opportunity to conduct a signing on nearly every continent. That’s pretty magical if you ask us.
Do you think you may need RON for your closing? Below, we are sharing all you need to know. If you think you will need to utilize this amazing new tool, communicate with your Escrow Officer and keep everyone in the loop on your travel plans.
- Buyers, Sellers, Lender, Underwriter, and Escrow Support must ALL approve the use of RON.
- A RON Consent must be signed by the buyers and sellers (at least).
- The County must accept RON documents.
- An approved RON vendor must be used.
- Social Security number
- Government-issued ID
- Internet access – Download speed of at least 5 mbps and upload speed of at least 3 mbps is required. – Internet speeds can be tested at www.speedtest.net • Device with web camera and audio – This can be a tablet/laptop/desktop with connected web camera. – Discourage signings on smart phones (especially for loan packages!), as the experience will be much more difficult.
- Location free from interruption
- Talk through the process with the signer before getting very far down this path and encourage them to find a good signing location and time that will be free from interruptions.